Manual Handling Training
Manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work and causes over a third of all workplace injuries which include work related Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) such as upper and lower limb pain/disorders, joint and repetitive strain injuries. Anyone involved in the movement and handling of goods can be at risk and this can be found in all work sectors. This course covers both the practical skills and relevant theory.
The course full day covers:
- The definition of manual handling and the main causes of manual handling injuries.
- The function and shape of the human spine
- The effects of static loading and the risks entailed in team lifting
- Dynamic risk assessments.
- PPE appropriate for manual handling operations.
- Safe handling techniques.
Corridans also offer a half day training session covering the theory side of Manual Handling and the above topics. This can count towards the driver CPC if required.
To book a course or for further information please contact us.